I help to organize events in the software engineering research community, and continuously review for journals and conferences. Check my Publons profile for an overview of my journal reviews and editorial work. I also offer short-term consultancy, professional training, and talks at various tech events as a sole trader.
Community Service (selected)
- Empirical Software Engineering, 2021-
- e-Informatica Software Engineering Journal, 2016-
- 15th IEEE International Conference on Software Testing, Verification and Validation (ICST), 2022, Publication Co-Chair
- 29th IEEE International Requirements Engineering Conference (RE), 2021, Industrial Innovation Co-Chair
- 24th International Working Conference on Requirements Engineering: Foundation for Software Quality (REFSQ), 2020, Posters and Tools Co-Chair
- IEEE Workshop on Next Level of Test Automation (NEXTA), 2018-2019, Co-Chair
- International Workshop on Requirements Engineering and Testing (RET), General Chair 2017, Co-Chair 2014-2016 and 2018.
- 5th International Workshop on Software Engineering Research and Industrial Practice (SER&IP), 2018, Co-Chair
Program Committees (selected)
- International Conference on Software Analysis, Evolution and Reengineering (SANER), Industry Track in 2022.
- International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE), Technical Track in 2020 and 2023, Industry Track in 2021.
- IEEE International Requirements Engineering Conference (RE), Industry Track in 2017 and 2022, the NIER track in 2018, and RE@Next in 2019.
- Joint European Software Engineering Conference and Symposium on the Foundations of Software Engineering (ESEC/FSE), Student Research Competition 2019.
- International Conference on Information Systems Development (ISD) in 2021.
- IEEE International Conference on Research Challenges in Information Science (RCIS) in 2017 and 2018.
- International Conference on the Quality of Information and Communications Technology (QUATIC) in 2022.
- ACM/IEEE International Symposium on Empirical Software Engineering and Measurement (ESEM), Short Papers and Posters (2016-2018) and Emerging Results and Vision Papers (2019-2022).
- International Conference on Evaluation and Assessment in Software Engineering (EASE), Short Papers 2017-2022.
- International Workshop on Next Generation of System Assurance Approaches for Safety-Critical Systems (SASSUR) in 2013-2022.
- Workshop on Automating Test Case Design, Selection and Evaluation (A-TEST) in 2017-2020.
- International Workshop on Software and Systems Traceability (SST) in 2019.
- International Workshop on Artificial Intelligence Safety Engineering (
WAISE) in 2019-2022.
- International Workshop on Artificial Intelligence and Requirements Engineering (AIRE) in 2020 and 2022.
I regularly review manuscripts submitted to high-quality journals related to my research topics, including submissions to:
- IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering
- ACM Transactions on Software Engineering Methodology
- Journal of Systems and Software
- Information and Software Technology
I offer consultancy in the intersection of AI and software engineering. Under the name Borgify, I help companies unlock data-driven intelligence, i.e., to open the cube. Currently, I offer courses on AI Fundamentals for Leaders t